Friday, February 15, 2008

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Whatever gave me the idea that I have the upper body strength to hang my own cement board?

This is much like the impulse I had 17 years ago to buy my first manual transmission car, which I didn't know how to drive. My thinking was that I knew Plenty of people who were less intelligent and less coordinated than I was who could operate a clutch; therefore, I concluded, it couldn't be difficult. The flaw in my logic became apparent after lots of stalling and honking, but in a few unpleasant months, I improved - or at least figured out alternate routes to avoid all the hills. Two cars later, I'm still driving stick.

I can imagine, 17 years from now, saying "Two houses later, I'm still hanging my own cement board". Please just shoot me now and put me out of my misery.

Oh, it's done. But I'm too tired to take a picture. Maybe tomorrow when I tape up the seams.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Good for you for getting it done yourself! Those sheets are so awkward to deal with.