Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Don't Quit Your Day Job

I am fixated on tiling the bathroom with a single mindededness bordering on OCD.


Every day, the piddly three rows of completed subway tile taunt me each time I use our now merely 1/2 bath. The naked, exposed cement board begs me to cover it up: "At least could you put up a shower curtain and give me some Privacy!" says the HardieBacker.

Would anyone notice if I simply slipped out the back door, went home early, and fired up the tile saw? Is OCD a form of illness and should I call in a sick day so I can tile? Throw Caution to the Wind and take a day off?


But as a responsible, hardworking employee, I don't do any of these things. I just wait for Saturday.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Haha! I wish MY exposed hardibacker had the same level of pull on ME! :) Two months and counting.

Rebecca said...

That's probably because it's not impacting your use of the facilities! There's nothing like Shower Field Trips to create a sense of urgency!