Thursday, January 24, 2008

Of Windows and Weirdos

On my last Lowe's run, I took advantage of their glass sales & cutting desk and had them cut a piece of glass to match my broken pane in preparation for actually replacing the cardboard 'Listerine' sign which just shouts out "Come back next week, ya'll might find a toilet on the front porch!" During today's brief daytime high of 40 degrees, I wandered outside to extract the broken window and replace it with my replacement pane. Chisel and hammer in hand, while pounding away at 70 year old caulk, I got that unmistakeably creepy feeling of Being Watched.

Turning around, still clenching my claw hammer, I saw two strange men in the neighbor's driveway staring at me. I could only assume they were part of the crew working on the new construction houses up the street, trying to find out who else is making loud noises in the 'hood.

On seeing me notice them, one of the men came out with a greeting. "We were just checking out your.......construction technique," he said.

Right.

My construction technique is just fine, thank you very much.

And my window?

Fixed.

No comments: