Saturday, January 26, 2008

Overwhelmed by color choice?

Friday's Seattle Times has an interesting article on Authentic Home, a paint store in West Seattle where they take the edge off choosing your paint colors with a Paint Bar featuring paint selections to match your style - assuming your stye is 'Elegant', 'Serene', or 'Playful'. Those of us who label our style 'Tacky', 'Bleak', or 'Stuffy' will have to shop elsewhere.

Particularly intriguing are their 'color cups' - 2 oz samples of your color choice for $4.25. I like the idea of a small sample. The 'sample quart' from my Sherwin Williams, my current Paint Vendor of Choice, seems a relative steal at $4.99, but I feel guilty about the leftover paint which gets carted off to HazMat.

I'm tempted to try it, but I don't know how I could possibly survive on only 60 color choices, even if they are 60 tasteful, well-chosen options. I like being able to choose from 60 different shades of Beige alone!

Clearly, sniffing paint has gone to my head.

No comments: