Sunday, January 6, 2008

"Low Odor - Environmentally Friendly".

Right on the front of the box, where you can't miss it, the claim is made: "Low odor - Environmentally friendly". And it's a big fat enormous LIE.


So, having been silly enough to believe the advertising, I sit here high as a kite freezing my toes off with all of the windows in my entire house open on this 38 degree Seattle Sunday afternoon, trying to get the Hazardous Fumes to dissipate and my Mental State to return to something approximating Sober.

What was I doing? Working off that 2008 to-do list while the momentum of the New Year is still Fresh. Fire item #4, "epoxy paint cement basement floor".
Rust-Oleum makes this basement floor coating suitable for cement floors - at least, they made this product 2+ years ago, and I have no idea whether they still do. Sad fact - I bought the floor epoxy over 2 years ago, for use in an entirely different house, and it has been stored, neglected, lost, found, moved to Ballardia II, and finally, FINALLY used.
This is my pathetic looking basement floor, even after its intensive sweeping, scraping, vacuuming, and mopping prep work:

And check this out, the VERY SAME basement floor, after the Rust-Oleum coating:

It really does look that good; I'm pretty sure that even in my mind-altered state that I managed to photograph the right surface.

Despite my frustrations about Truth in Advertising, I'd still use this product again. In the summer. With ALL the windows open.

No comments: