Monday, January 7, 2008

Drooling over the Territorial Seed Company catalog

I know I claimed that there was No Gardening in my 2008 Ballardia plans, other than a few maintenance-related items, but the arrival of the Territorial Seed Company catalog has left even a Garden Flunkie like myself drooling over the possibilities.

I could care less about flowers, but my Practical Nature and Predilection for Cooking has me thinking about the freshness of ingredients picked from my very own garden, though we know that should I attempt it, there will be rows of sad, wilted, dried plants, not yummy herbs and vegetables.

I'm particularly intrigued by things that I can't find at the grocery store, and since there are several great grocery stores in Ballardia, as well as a fruit stand, normally there's not much in that category. But from the Territorial Seed Co, I can have
Purple and Gold "Green Beans", Purple or Orange Cauliflower, White Eggplant or just the long skinny eggplant types that aren't sold in stores Near Me. And look at the color of these carrots! Apparently Carrots don't just come in Carrot Color!

I might have to have a garden after all. And I'm sure that's just what they were counting on when they sent the catalog.

No comments: