Thursday, December 27, 2007

All I wanted for Christmas was a New Bathroom

I have resigned myself to the sad fact that Santa Plumber is not going to bring me my desired bathtub/shower faucet replacement for The Holidays, which I planned to be the start of my Extreme Chaos Project: Bath Edition. Maybe that's for the best, ensuring that Cleanliness will be found at our house this Holiday Season.

So.....since I can't get started on the Bathroom I Covet Right Now (because I want it Now Now Now!!),I can at least make it a little Better. I decided to Paint it. As they say on HGTV, Paint is an Improvement.



Pulling out the vanity ages ago left traces of The History of Paint in the bathroom, and I could see that prior to the current color, Antique White (and by 'Antique' I mean both the color and the date on the paint can), our Bathroom was once Mustard Yellow, and before that, Robin's Egg Blue. SW0068 from Sherman Williams is pretty close to the blueish color.

For the last few days,I've scraped scraped scraped, caulked caulked caulked, mudded mudded mudded, sanded sanded sanded, primed primed primed, painted painted painted, and suffered the Indignity caused by Face Mask Acne.

And the results are in.
Before:




After:


No comments: