Monday, May 26, 2008

Well it's not like it's Picnic Weather

I didn't intend to spend any more time on the Extreme Chaos Project this Memorial Day weekend; there's really no sense of urgency other than my own desire to have a bathroom worthy of using.

But after Martin beheaded the Kohler pedestal sink, I figured, what the hell?

To be clear, we Meant to behead the sink. Just perhaps not this soon, as I don't really have time right now to indulge in lengthy tile-a-thons.

And what do we call this bathroom without the sink? It was clear it was a half bath without the shower. Is it still a half bath without the sink?


3 comments:

Leslie said...

Your blog caught my eye since I'm about to begin a major bathroom remodeling project involving large amounts of tiling (a task for which my sum total experience to date is putting in a small backsplash behind my stove, sometime in the late 1980's), and I'm currently working with the delusion that I can get the whole projected completed during my summer break.

I'm going to come back here and read about your project from the beginning, for pointers, ideas, and a realistic view of what I can potentially accomplish.

Rebecca said...

Good for you Leslie! Believe me, if I can do it, so can anyone...I'm extremely uncoordinated and have practically no upper body strength! Two suggestions - 1) buy your own tile saw and craigslist it when done. It's so much easier to do the work in stages, without worrying about the cost or inconvenience of rental. 2) measure all dimensions of your walls very carefully before you start - including any outward wall bowing - so you know how to plan your tile layout. Being good at geometry is a plus.

Good luck with your project!

C&C said...

love it, love it, love it! it's going to look perfect! the wall color is great