Monday, February 11, 2008

Return the Element and No Questions Will Be Asked

I need some cement board for the Extreme Chaos Project. It's also time for a dump run.

Hauling has always posed a small challenge for us, since we do not own a pickup, an SUV, a minivan, or even a Manwagon. We are Volvo people. Or rather, I am a Volvo person. In November, through a series of events competely unrelated to this blog, Martin defected and became a Chrystler driver.


The Chrystler is in fact as big as a whale, and it does actually seat about 20 very small people, but it doesn't haul construction materials.


But no worries, we are Flexcar members! And we have our very own Flexcar right at the end of the street! And it's not just any old Flexcar - it's a Honda Element, a utility vehicle with 77 cubic feet of cargo room. Works great for small dump runs, perfect for picking up materials.


You can imagine my shock when I went to the Flexcar website to reserve my neighborhood Element, and discovered it was Missing. No longer at the end of my block. In fact, there are no more Elements anywhere in Ballard. I HAVE TO GO ALL THE WAY TO QUEEN ANNE TO GET MY @#$%!! ELEMENT. Flexcar, how could you do this to me? What about ME? What about MY NEEDS?

No comments: