Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Sewer Replacement Day 1


We’ve selected Best Plumbing as our sewer replacement vendor, and, after I forked over a hefty deposit (1/2 the job), they got to work today digging 3 holes down to the depth of our sewer line. They dug one hole around the cleanout, another where the front drains connect, and a 3rd where my sewer line joins with my neighbor’s sewer. There was a disturbing lack of dirt in the 3rd hole; apparently the problem’s been going on long enough that we had a Sinkhole Situation.

Then they put a very large plate over each of the holes, luckily, as I can just imagine how popular I’d be with the neighbors if Fluffy fell into one of these gaping pits.


They tell us this is a 3-day process; on Day 1, they dig holes. Day 2, they replace the sewer line, and we will be plumbing-free for most of the day. Conveniently, I’ve had plenty of opportunity to scope out the public restrooms in my area. Day 3, they get the new sewer line inspected and backfill the holes.

No comments: